Thursday, February 14, 2008

Taste and cats

My daughter has strange tastes, especially for a two year old. She adores tomatoes, grapefruit, oranges, lemons (straight slices, I can't even do that), and pretty much every dairy product on the planet. Rather than burden her with sausage or bacon when we go out for breakfast, we substitute in tomato slices and sour cream. She tries almost any food you put in front of her. My favorite Alton Brown recipe (eggplant pasta) is consumed with vigor.

My cats eat two flavors of canned food, do not eat snacks, and refuse to eat the non Ph balanced versions of said flavors.

My daughter will watch almost any tV channel with me, cuddled on my lap. She adores M*A*S*H, my favorite show. Her favorite disney film is the same as mine (Lilo & Stitch) and she claps during game shows.

My cats fall asleep during all three of these.

Non-withstanding the difference in species, I think my daughter has better taste than my felines.

No comments: