Saturday, October 4, 2008

Relaxing Baths, Vibrating Phones

I was stewing in a relaxing bath last night. Candle lit, and comfortable, I closed my eyes. Then I heard it. My phone was vibrating. I have my phone set on vibrate on purpose. Too many times, I lost the nap advantage because of inopportune ringing. The phone rattles on the counter though, so usually, a trained ear can pick up its mute physical pleas.

Well, they are not totally mute, or I would not have heard it vibrating from the sanctity of my kid free bath. I sighed, got out of the tub and wrapped myself in the towel. I heard it continue, that rhythmic buzzing noise. My phone continued to ring. I glancing at the clock. It is eleven PM. Nobody calls me after ten.

Wait! I plugged my phone in to charge the battery. It should not vibrate. It should ring. The buzzing continued. It also should go to voice mail by now. What is that noise?

My congested baby snores. It sounds exactly like my cell phone vibrating.

No comments: