Thursday, December 18, 2008

Cooking with Cora

When I stepped out of the shower yesterday, I noticed that the door to the bathroom was closed. This, I have learned through hard experience makes the couple minutes after my shower trouble. In this case, I found the culprit sitting on the floor in the kitchen by our turn around cupboard. She was, in her own words "Cooking for YOU Mommy!"

As sweet as the thought was, It just wasn't my morning for trail mix flavored rice vinegar and oil salad dressing. Especially not when the idea of using a bowl just had NOT occurred to the chef. Stunned by my silence, and deciding that my lack of words was a result of miscommunication, She demonstrated her cooking ability by taking a huge globful of vinegar and oil soaked dried fruit and dumping it into the nearest (unplugged) appliance.

It must have been a day for cooking, because after a truely gruesome diaper change I found a puddle of corn syrup and rock salt (with a bit of pepper). And I walked back from using the bathroom to a puddle of lawrys seasoned salt. My kitchen floor is very clean now too!

Oh, and did I mention that I might need to buy a new toaster?

No comments: