Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Crayon Marks and Supports

So, I have learned a new trick this evening. I can now include illustrations in my diatribates on my favorite subject. As you can see from my first illustration Cora learned a new trick today as well.

When we moved into this house, I could not understand why the closets in the childrens rooms had supports in the center of the shelves, nor could I understand how or why there were crayon marks everywhere. I thought, in my infinite (and pregnant with our first) wisdom, that these parents must have been terrible.

They were terrible parents, but that wasn't the issue. The supported shelves were an important functional part of making a place of small children to play. As you can see, Coras position explains the supports completely. It also explains why there were (and still are) crayon marks on the ceiling of the closet.

I'm still trying to figure out why there are pencil marks on the hallway wall that I painted last week, and washed this morning. I don't even know when she got a pencil. Maybe it was one of the cats.

I'll ask Cora. Her other new skill this week is telling little falsehoods. It will give her a chance to practice.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Michigan Mom said...

Personally, I think that it was Nyobi who used that pencil... she learns so well from her big sister! HA HA