Friday, December 12, 2008

A day without Pain

This morning, in the midst of the rush to get everything done and get out of the house, we multi tasked. My husband went to the end of the drive way to bring back the trash cans, and I got the kids in the car and pulled out onto the drive. Unfortunately, Cora decided that I, in my infinite wisdom, forgot to make sure daddy wasn't in the car.

As I pulled out of the garage, there were genuine tears rolling down her cheeks as she frantically tried to communicate the fact that Daddy wasn't in the car. "Forgot Daddy! Forgot Daddy!" I stopped in the drive way, and the forgotten one approached the vehicle and climbed in.

Nyobi managed to soften up a client whom I work with. Her happy looks also smoothed over some rough emotional background. I think she might be starting, or fighting a minor ear infection, but she's such a happy baby, its hard to figure out when she's in pain. Asside from the occassional teething issues (she draws blood with the two teeth she has), she is a smiley child.

This afternoon, my big girl helped me make all sorts of appetaizers for a family party. I need to do this again when I visit the other side (mine) of the family. Cora rolled, spread, sprinkled and thoroughly enjoyed the cooking process. Please don't mention this to anyone until after the 13th. People are always a little suspicious of child cooked foods, and with good cause.

No comments: