Thursday, December 4, 2008

Life is a Beach

Tuesday evening, Cora and I picked up her room. We found the floor! We also located a book of creatures, some of which she petted and others that she pointed to with a false scream and hid behind me. One that left her staring in fascination was a crab.

We talked about crabs and where they live and what those big claws are for. I told her, "some day, we will go to a beach with crabs, and try and catch them."

The next morning, she came trouping out of her bedroom bleary eyed and dragging her back pack. She set it down with her blanket and doggy T, then went back to her room. When she re-appeared she had a magnifying glass and a pair of tweezers which she thrust into her back pack.

"What are you doing honey?" I asked. "Why do you have your back pack?"

"We are going to the beach." she said. Then she looked out the window at the snow. "It's cold. No swim suit. I wear my boot."

Some day was evidently yesterday, because her insistence that we go to the beach continued until I explained the the crabs had gone south for the winter.

1 comment:

Michigan mom said...

Ahhhhhhhhh..... talk about little falsehoods!!!!