Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Calm before the Storm

Cora is almost three. She listens well, she thinks things through, and she can even pick up after herself. For instance. She got the chair out of her room while I was busy vacuuming and talking to Nyobi and she got a piece of juicy fruit down off the mantle piece. When I yelled at her, She put the chair back in her room, but surremptuously hid the gum in her hand so that I wouldn't take it back from her.

Nyobi is six months, that means she is happy, can give you a hint of what is wrong, and sleeps through the night. She does not crawl yet though, and asside from the occassional super poopy diaper, or misplaced foot during a diaper change, she is quite docile.

This is the calm before the storm.

The second Nyobi starts moving forward, or walking my life is going to be a whole lot wilder. Actually, it might be prudent to switch rolls with my husband before they learn how to work together. I'd rather feel dumb at work, than while staring at matching pairs of blue eyes and a disaster I was certain I had prevented.

No comments: