Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Definately Not a Surgeon, but an MD

For her birthday, Cora got the game operation. She thought it was cool! She opened it, and filtered through the money and cards while I was putting the plastic pieces in the person, and the batteries in the back. Powered up and filled with ailments, I drew her attention to the tweezers and buzzy fun. The second I touched the metal tip to the metal edge, his nose lit up and the teeth vibrating nnnnnn noise began.

Cora jumped backwards almost falling off the chair in her efforts to escape. I giggled, and did it again, expecting her to come back in excitement once the initial shock wore off. No such luck. She does not like the buzz. She found a pair of all plastic tweezers in her room and uses those to remove the ailments.

Aside from her fear of minor surgery, she does like doctor stuff. At her three year appointment she cooperated with the doctor, and then proceeded to take the examining instrument, examine her belly button under the flash light, look inside her own pair of surgical gloves, and listen to her own breathing, just like the doctor did.

For some reason the doctor didn't ask me about whether she remembered anything well, or if she was curious. I guess MD stuff is more her style.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to start making plans for medical school. Last time I asked Cora what she wanted to be when she grew up she told me she wants to take care of animals "horses, these are funner."

Chances are she will become a shoe designer. She definately loves footwear.

No comments: