Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Things I Never Thought Would Annoy Me.

Cora loves doing dishes. I never thought it would annoy me to have a child happy to stand at the sink and scrub silverware while telling it its "dirty" and "needs to get all clean shiny YES! So you no dirty any more." However, there is always water where it should not be when she is done doing dishes. A couple times I have had to sponge out my spice turn around, because it was turned into an impromptu shower.

She also likes to "clean" the bathroom. Last time, she found some selsun blue in the cubbord and I walked in on a neon blue door, floor, tub and sink. I think I stopped her from cleaning the toilet. That is probably a good thing, or we might have ended up with the best groomed rears in the State. I actually keep all my soaps under lock and key, and have to remember to leave a bar on the counter with a towel for guests.

When she gets bored, she checks on her sister. Usually the idea of an extra pair of eyes peaking in on the baby isn't a bad thing. One extra assurance that the infant is breathing usually really appeals to me. However Cora will walk right up to the crib and hang off the side of it, and call out to her sister (in a voice our neighbors can probably hear in their sound proof bathrooms) "are you asleep Nyobi?"

And then, when the startled cry of a newly woken infant penetrates. "MOOOMM, NYOBI IS AWAKE!"

I just never thought her efforts to help with chores would annoy me. Especially as much as they do.

No comments: