Thursday, August 27, 2009

Right now...

Right now,  I feel like crying.  My body woke me up at 3:30, and by 4:30 all the usual relaxation techniques failed.  An hour later, I finally managed to start to feel sleepy.  By 6:15, I thought about crawling back into bed for an hour or so before the alarm went off.  Nyobi went off instead.  I can not blame her.  She was soaked through her pants on all sides.


After a typical display of the usual morning schenanigans, I got the joy of rescuing Nyobi from the futon.  Somehow she managed to wedge only one leg through the arm.  It had sunk all the way up to the hip.  As I wiggled and snoogled, and she screamed, I seriously thought I would end up calling the fire department.  I wonder how many people call with complaints of children stuck in futons a year?  

No comments: