Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Snowball Fight!!!

Cora and I just came in from playing outside.  The snow is perfect for packing, but not thick enough to form a big snowman.  Our play degenerated into missile filled attacks.  I need to take her outside more often.  Its nice to hurl items at your child and have them giggle in pleasure rather than scream in pain.  Not like I throw things at the children regularly, or in anger EVER.  It still was nice frustration relief. 

In the midst of a snowball battle, Cora goes "stop stop stop!"  Then walks up to me munching on her current projectile.  Then she says with a piously serious face "Once Daddy threw a snowball right in my face!"  

Awwww, I think.  Cora is explaining to me a scenario that she does not want repeated.  I kneel down to explain to her that Mommy aims for her butt and chest.  "Did he?"  I start.  "He probably didn't mean to do it on purp..."

My speech halted as I received a mouthful of fluffy white snow.  "Yeah!  Like this!"  She said, running off and scooping to refill her mittens. 

In snowball fights, I show no mercy, none.  Not even if you are four and half my height. 

1 comment:

Kathy Pomaville Pate said...

I miss the Michigan snow. I'm shoulder-deep in Iowa snow. We left Michigan in May. Yeah, the economy. Perhaps you're interested in following our Iowa adventure? You may find it interesting. Maybe fodder for your fabulous evening meal conversation? barnyardblessings.blogspot.com