Friday, May 21, 2010

Foam Swords

Yes, I bought my two elder children foam swords.  No, I am not crazy.  I got tired of getting sword fought by overenthusiastic fencers with wooden blades, dowels and sticks.  Foam is softer, squishier and doesn't leave a mark. 

Of course, beating up on eachother gets boring quickly.  While sitting and reading my news, I hear from the bedroom.  "Lets go beat up Mom!" 

"Da!"  says Nyobi.  

I look up to see two small musketeers charging down the hallway.  They attack amidst the screams of their victim.  "Don't step on Anya she's at my feet!  Be careful of Anya!  AAAAAAAAH!" 

I peak out between foam whaps to see what the smallest girl is up to.  Just her head is visible, but the older two girls are avoiding her body.  I go back to my dramatic cries for mercy!  "Quit teaming up on me!"  I add. 

"Anya SAVE me!"  I continue. 

Thats when I feel it.  "OUch!"  

I grab both swords to stop the onstaught and pear down at Anya.  She smiles at me, slobber leaking out of her mouth and proceeds to bite my toe again. 

Foam swords don't protect you from every danger. 

How can three on one be fair?

No comments: