Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Nature Girl Strikes!

Because of an exceptionally pleasant road trip back from Ludington, we stopped at a rest area. It had scenic overlooks. After we finished making certain Anya was not dieing from some horrible disease (like her constant "bunny in pain" pitched wails broadcast) we relieved some stress by hiking to the overlook.

At the very end of the hike, ten minutes from our car, the restrooms and probably my sanity, Cora announced that she had to pee. "Can you hold it?" I asked.

"No." She answered.

Being a country camping girl, I took a deep breath, handed off the smallest one and proceeded to educate my daughter in the squat/hold position. Once correctly postured and informed, she decided she could not go. She repositioned her outfit and started to hike back to the car.

Not ONE minute later my husband says "look at Cora!" I turn just as she announces. "Gee! I really had to pee after all."

Peeing in the woods is difficult for girls, and a useful skill for you children to know. We praised her. I praised her to my Mom at lunch the next day also.

As the girls played outside and we sat and talked, my Mom interupted me. "She's showing off."

Sure enough there was Cora demonstrating these new skills in the middle of the yard. "Well," I said, turning back to the table. "it was bound to happen."

"Um," My Mom said. "She's not done."

I'm so blessed to have children who make it necessary for me to poop scoop my yard.

No comments: